Software solution for digitisation projects
Kitodo maps complete digitisation projects in libraries, archives and museums ranging from planning to importing catalogue data, scanning operations, metadata completion, OCR recognition up to presentation of digital collections and the associated controlling and reporting.
Kitodo is a web-based open source software, platform independent and modular, developed in cooperation with the universities SUB Göttingen and SLUB Dresden under the GPL open source license and aligned with the German DFG standards.
The Zeutschel ZED server extends the functional scope of Kitodo.
Detailled information also on www.kitodo.org
- No client software required
- Web browser makes it possible to work anywhere and at any time
- Consistent support for METS as the meta data format
- Continuous further development
- Based on the German DFG standards
- Developed by users
- Open interfaces
- Zeutschel is Kitodo development and support partner
- Production Java servlet based development (Apache Tomcat Server)
- Open LDAP for account data and authentication
- Independent of database
- Flexible import/export RDF-XML, METS, OAI, RSS, PDF etc.
- Opac import: PPN, ISBN, ISSN, signature, barcode
- OCR: ABBYY Finereader Runtime Version can be integrated
- Home directory: WebDAV and CIFS (Samba)
- Presentation: TYPO3 + Kitodo extensions
- Lucene search engine for metadata and full text
- DFG viewer integration
- Storage: linked via the file system of the operating system in use (including –SAN, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI etc.)